What happens if my income or the number of people in my household changes?

Medi-Cal Recipients 

If information that is submitted with your application changes during the year, you must report it. Changes in address, family size and income can affect whether you qualify for Medi-Cal. 

You must report changes to your local county office within 10 days of the change. You must report a change if you:

  • Get married or divorced.
  • Have a child, adopt a child or place a child for adoption.
  • Have a change in income.
  • Get health coverage through a job or a program like Medicare or Medi-Cal.
  • Move.
  • Have a change in disability status.
  • Gain or lose a dependent.
  • Have a change in tax filing status.
  • Have a change in citizenship or immigration status.
  • Are incarcerated or released from incarceration.
  • Have a change in status as an American Indian or Alaska Native or change your tribal status.
  • Have a correction to your name, date of birth or Social Security number.
  • Experience any other changes that may affect your income and household size.

To report changes, call Covered California at (800) 300-1506

CalFresh Recipients

CalFresh recipients are typically required to complete a yearly recertification and a semi-annual reporting process starting with a packet received by mail. You’ll get a letter by mail at your home address telling you when it’s time to submit a certification. These processes may be completed by phone (1-888-472-4463), online, by mail, fax or in person. Additionally, CalFresh recipients are required to report certain changes within 10 days rather than waiting for the semi-annual or annual renewal process, such as:

  • Income increases above a certain amount (determine your Income Threshold (IRT))
  • If you are an Able Bodied Adult Without Dependents (ABAWD), you must report when you work or training hours drop to less than 20 hours a week or 80 hours a month. 

To speak with someone about changes to your income, address or household situation, contact your county’s human services agency office

P.S. Check out the Learning Hub to see how to get the most out of using One Degree and the tools that we offer. You can find training videos, FAQs and other great resources!

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us