What is the COVID-19 Resource Guide and how do I use it?
One Degree’s COVID-19 Resource Guide was developed to address the urgent need to create one place to find essential community resources. The Resource Guide is a series of collections organized by county that highlights the many resource opportunities available during the COVID-19 pandemic. At present the COVID-19 Resource Guide supports Los Angeles county and the Bay Area.
1. To get started using the COVID-19 Resource Guide click the blue text that says “Resource Guide” in the yellow banner at the top of the page. This banner is at the top of every page on One Degree’s website and is visible whether you are logged in or out. You can also go directly to https://about.1degree.org/covid-19-en?p=OT-CSP-ALL-covid19----resource-guide-en
2. Select whether you are looking for resources in Los Angeles County or the Bay Area
3. Once you’ve selected your region you will then be prompted to select your specific county/service planning area
4. Now that you’ve narrowed down your search location you’ll be taken to a collection (digital resource binder) of many different kinds of resources related to or available during COVID-19. You can use the search bar to look for specific opportunities or browse resources by category (e.g. financial support)
OR you can also browse resources by category
5. Both searching and browsing by category will take you to a list of relevant resources in your area. You can use the map on the right-hand side of the page to adjust your location and see exactly where resources are located.
Click on the link for any of the listed services or programs (which we call Opportunities) to see more information about them.
6. When you've found a service or program that you want to use, follow the "What To Do Next" section on their Opportunity page to contact them. Make sure to also click the Save icon with the heart to add it to your plan so you can view this resource later. If you don't have a One Degree account, it'll ask you to create one - it'll only take a minute.
P.S. Check out the Learning Hub to see how to get the most out of using One Degree and the tools that we offer. You can find training videos, FAQs and other great resources!