How do I set-up a One Degree account and connect with my organization?
To connect your One Degree account to the organization you work for, just follow the instructions below:
1. If you haven’t already, create a One Degree account. Go to http://1degree.org/ and click the “Sign Up” button on the top right of the page.
2. Enter your work email address. Make sure you check the “I work at a nonprofit or government agency” box. This will give you access to Professional Member features, such as our “Referrals” tool.
3. Add your location & select your preferred language. This will set your account to automatically search for resources near you, saving you time!
4. Connect with your organization so you can access your organization’s page. This also allows you to create collections of resources on behalf of your organization.
5. Add your Birthday and Gender (Optional). This helps us know the demographics of our members. We won’t share this information with anyone - we're HIPAA compliant.
How do you change your existing One Degree account to a “Pro member” account?
1. Go to your “Settings”
2. Select the “ Preferences” tab and check the “Show me tools for nonprofit or social work professionals” box.
How do I connect my existing One Degree account to my organization?
- On your Dashboard click “Connect to Organization”
2. Enter your First Name, Last Name, Organization, and Position
3. Click “Connect” to submit your request
Your request will be sent to either the One Degree team or a member of your organization. Please give our team 1 business day to approve your connection. In the meantime your Dashboard will look like this:
“Pro Membership” is always free and available for all nonprofit and government agency professionals. Thanks for the work you do for the community!
P.S. Check out the Learning Hub to see how to get the most out of using One Degree and the tools that we offer. You can find training videos, FAQs and other great resources!