How do I share resources with my clients? [Referral Tool]
The best way to share resources with a client is to use our “Referrals” tool. You can use this feature to send your client opportunities via text, email, or print the referral to give them in person. You can use the “Referrals” tool whether your client has a One Degree account or not. If your client doesn’t have a One Degree account, you can help your client create one, or use the “Referrals” feature to help you track resources you’ve shared with your clients. You can use your client’s real name (your information is kept confidential - we’re HIPAA compliant), or their initials only. Whatever makes you and your client most comfortable! Here are some step-by-step instructions:
1. From a search page, click the arrow icon to the right of the resource, or click the “Refer” button if you’re on an Opportunity page.
2. In the pop-up window, select the client’s name from the list. You may need to scroll down or use the Search bar to find the client’s name.
You can also add a client to “My Clients” by clicking the “New Client” button. All clients must have a first name and last name or initials
3. You’ll see the referral appear on the left sidebar. You can keep searching for Opportunities and adding them to this referral. When you want to send the referral, click “Done”
4. From the “New Referral” page, you can add notes for your client to view with their referral, and add a contact person at the referred Organization, if you have one.
EMAIL This person will be notified of the referral. You can also use the trash can icon to remove an Opportunity from a referral.
5. Click “Submit”. You will be asked if you are sure you want to send the referral. If you didn’t add a recipient to an Opportunity, you’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to exclude this as well.
6. Now you’ll see delivery options for this referral. You may email, text and/or print out the referral for your client. You can select no delivery option if you would like to submit the referral for your own reference without sending to the client. You can also uncheck “Send me a reminder email and notification to follow up on a Client's referral” if you don’t want to receive email notifications about this referral. Click “Done”.
Your referral is complete! You can view this referral on the client’s page. If they update their progress, you’ll see this change reflected on their page. You can also update their progress for them by clicking the “Update” button next to the Opportunity.
You can update that the client either received the Opportunity, wasn’t eligible, didn’t want to use it or is still working on it.
You’ll see this change reflected on the client’s page.