How do I set-up an account for my client?
If you are a service provider and want to enable your client with One Degree’s tools, follow the below instructions. Please do not create an account for your clients or without your client present. This helps us keep One Degree secure and safe for all our members.
1. Go to www.1degree.org and click the “Sign Up” button on the top right of the page.
2. Create an account using an email address, phone number or Google account. Leave the “I work at a nonprofit or government agency” box unchecked. The client should add their own password and not share their password with you.
3. Add their location & language. This will set their account to automatically search for resources near them, saving them time! You can also set the account in Spanish if they’d like Spanish to be the default language when they’re using One Degree.
4. Add their birthday and gender (Optional). This helps us know the demographics of our members. Their information is kept confidential - we're HIPAA compliant.
5. It can be helpful to introduce your client to key features on One Degree. Show them how to search using the “New Search” button and show them "My Plan”, both on the left sidebar. "My Plan" is where they can view your referrals and add their own resources to their “To Do” list. Learn more about “Referrals” here.
You’re all done setting up your client’s One Degree account. Great job!
Please note: We’re rolling out an update for community members in early 2020! When they log in they’ll see their saved resources on My Plan. Like pros and admins, they’re also able to quickly access their Dashboard, Browse Resources, and My Plan and other features from one place.
P.S. Check out the Learning Hub to see how to get the most out of using One Degree and the tools that we offer. You can find training videos, FAQs and other great resources!