[NEW] How do I use Guided Search?
If you’re looking for extra guidance when searching for resources on One Degree, Guided Search is here! Guided Search asks you a couple of questions to help narrow down your search, and gives you a list of resources just for you.
If you’re new to One Degree, go to the homepage to see Guided Search below our category search bar. Select a community group: Parent, Youth, Immigrant, Veteran, or Senior.
If you already have a One Degree account, you can access Guided Search by clicking the “Browse Resources” button from your dashboard.
Then, you can scroll down the page to see “Try our Guided Search!” Like before, you can select a community group of interest.
1. A pop-up window will appear, and you can click the “Let’s get started” button to proceed.
2. Answer the questions that appear in the pop-up window. Click the “Next” button to view the next question
3. Select a community group: Parent, Youth, Immigrant, Veteran, Senior or None of these
4. Select a goal from the options provided, or click “Don’t see what you’re looking for?” to search by category instead of using the Guided Search
5. Select a specific service or program from the options provided
6. Great job! You’ve created a Goal. Click the “Your recommendations >” button.
Once the results have loaded, a new window will now show 4-6 Opportunities for you to choose from.
7. View each Opportunity by clicking the right arrow, or the left arrow to see the last Opportunity
8. Click “View Details” to see more details about a particular Opportunity. Follow the “What To Do Next” instructions to contact the organization directly about this service or program so you can access it
9. You can also save a resource you want to use by clicking the “Save” button. If you do not already have a One Degree account, you will be asked to create one so that your opportunities can be saved.
If you have a One Degree account or choose to make one, you can see the Opportunities you’ve saved anytime by clicking “My Plan” at the top of your dashboard.