How do I create a collection for myself?
Collections are “digital resource binders” and are the best way to save and organize your favorite organizations, opportunities, or even other Collections. You can use them to group opportunities and organizations by location such as “Great after school programs near the Bayview”, and by theme, such as “LGBTQ Support Groups”.
Here’s how you create a collection:
- Log in to your One Degree account, and click the “New” button next to the “Saved Collections” section on the bottom of your Home page.
- In the pop-up window, type in a title for the Collection and add the geographical area. The author section can be your own name or a different way to recognize the creator.
- The next section allows you to control who views your Collection. A Collection can be “public”, so anyone on One Degree can find and view it, or it can be “private”, so only you and the people you invite can view it. Feel free to invite friends, family, or anyone else to view, edit or own a Collection if you’d like.
- If you would like to add a header photo, click on the “Add/Change Header Photo” tab, The Image should be 1200pixels x 250pixels and no larger than 100Kilobytes. Next, click “Create Collection”.
To add a category to your collection, go to the Collection’s page and click on “Add a category”. Type the title of your category into the text box, and select “Create Category”.
Here’s how to add Opportunities to your collection:1. Click on the book icon next to a resource or collection on a search page, or click the “ Collections” button on an organization, opportunity or collection page.
2. Select the Collection from the pop-up list or search for the Collection by keyword. If you would like to select a category within a Collection, click the arrow to the left of the Collection name and select the category.
3. Click the “add” button to add the resource to that collection or category.
Here’s how to share a Collection:
1. Check that the Collection is public. You can change your Collection to public by clicking “Edit Page” on the top right of the Collection page. On the pop-up window, click “Public” under the “Who should see this?” section.
2. Click the “Share” button on the top right of the page to send the Collection to someone via email, text, Facebook or copying the URL link to your clipboard. You can also copy the URL from the URL bar at the top of the page, which you could include in an email or text message. As long as your Collection is Public, others that open the link will be able to see the Collection.
Here’s how to remove a resource from your Collection:
1. Click on the book icon on any resource. A pop-up will appear.
2. Click on the small arrow on the left of the Collection name to open up all of the categories within the Collection. Look through the Collection and Categories, click on any “added” icons to remove that Opportunity from the Collection/category. You will now see that the icon now says “add”. If the resource was listed under several categories, you would need to click those as well to delete the Opportunity.
P.S. Check out the Learning Hub to see how to get the most out of using One Degree and the tools that we offer. You can find training videos, FAQs and other great resources!